Forums / Support / Subject eroors

Subject eroors

One of my friends turned me on to BB, and i decided to try it out.
I log on Easynews, and download all headers....No Problem
I check out the alt.binaries.warez.0-day.games (don't ask)

Here the problem shows, it seems that BB has a problem showing the files......I've used "collapse option" (Show only first part) but i can't see more that two or three files of a 77 file set.
I think the problem is caused by the build of the subject line, but i haven't figured out why. In another news program, there is no problems showing all the files (X-news)

Have anyone else encountered this problem?? i've noticed that sometimes the thread doesn't collapse (A file is showing as 45 different parts) Even though all parts are there.

I also have some problems with Cache.....It doesn't allways work like it's supposed to.

I would REALLY like to use BB, but i won't reg the program until these problems are sorted out.

BTW i LOVE the multiline multiserver support....Genious nothing less

BinaryBoy's reply to Firefly #289 @

The cache file maintains a contiguous group of subjects. If a gap would be created, it resets and downloads the full range of subjects. The free trial doesn't have a cache file so you're probably downloading from the server each time no matter what.

I see one set of files containing 77 in the subject. The files are numbered from 201 to 277. Each one is broken into 4 articles. When "Show only first part" is enabled you should see the first part of each of the 77 files. When it's off, you should see 4 x 77 = 308 parts.

Firefly's reply to Firefly #290 @

Well the original installation my friend has shows the same problems, let's be clear witch set of files we're talking about.
<Insert>
11.06 - Pharoahs.Curse_The.Cameron.Files.2-SEvEN - 77 Files - yEnc - 7phar229.zip (1/4)
<End insert>

Of these 77 files both of us sees only two (files 229 and 277), and this is no matter what server we try, but a change of newsreader reveals the files.

I'll check up on the cache problems

Thanx for your quick reply....Service is a seller

BinaryBoy's reply to Firefly #291 @

That's the set I'm looking at. You should see much more than that. Click "Show build number" under the Help menu. What does it show? You can get the latest beta from http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php

Try setting the starting point to All and make sure none of your filter strings are matching the set.

It's unlikely but a filter option might be blocking the other parts. On the Header Filter tab in the settings, uncheck all options and then refresh.

If you're not sure if Binary Boy is actually receiving all the subjects, you can enable the "Log subjects as they are received" option on the Logging tab in the settings to write the raw data to log.txt in the Binary Boy folder. Make sure to disable this option when you're done because it will slow down the program.