Forums / Support / Slow download speeds

Slow download speeds

So I don't seem to know what my issue is... all my servers are working (i received no errors so I'm assuming I've got the servers set up properly) but I've got slower than molasses download speeds.

I'm using Newsbin Pro newsreader and wondering if that may have something to do with it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Dizzy

BinaryBoy's reply to dizzy75 #16982 @

The servers should work ok with any newsreader. Are you trying to access the ams.binaryboy.com server? There's a cable cut that's causing some problems there.

dizzy75's reply to BinaryBoy #16983 @

I'm actually connected to all 3 servers, amsterdam, new york and phoenix and i'm getting very slow download speeds. Could it be how my server is setup? Is there something I should try other than the basic info given to me?? ie. port number, server name....

dizzy75's reply to dizzy75 #16984 @

OK I solved my issue. Had nothing to do with the server setup more the fact that the article didnt exist... haha.

BinaryBoy's reply to dizzy75 #16985 @

Ok. If they were from an NZB file, they may have scrolled off the server. If you were downloading headers and got the no article error, I can look into that. Also to answer your other question, another port is 443 if you find your ISP throttling or blocking 119.

Sanjuanita77's reply to dizzy75 #16988 @

Very informative post. Thanks www.binaryboy.com for taking the time to share your view with us.