Forums / Support / Feature Request

Feature Request

1. Highlight Search results in the text string
2. Don't download if less then X parts
3. When getting newsgroup list, only download group if contains binaries and has more then X posts

The following two I've asked for before, but I'll ask again :-)
4. This is the most pressing one. Something needs to be done about the cached files as they take up unreasonable amounts of space. Feel bad about having to keep a separate HD just for BB's files.
5. Multiple header download threads please.

thanks much

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #16175 @

1. Highlight Search results in the text string

Sorry, I don't understand this. What text string?

I'll look into that.

3. When getting newsgroup list, only download group if contains binaries and has more then X posts

The master list of newsgroups? On the newsgroups tab in the Settings, you can get close to this by putting *binaries* in the wildmat field.

The following two I've asked for before, but I'll ask again :-)
4. This is the most pressing one. Something needs to be done about the cached files as they take up unreasonable amounts of space. Feel bad about having to keep a separate HD just for BB's files.
5. Multiple header download threads please.

thanks much

For compression, I've been experimenting with zlib... there's a balance between efficiency and reading/writing the cache. When I get something working right, it will be in a beta.

Multiple header threads probably isn't going to happen immediately but I'll continue looking into it. Unfortunately all of the internet code really needs to be redesigned. It has 15 years of changes and it isn't pretty.

pgb205's reply to BinaryBoy #16176 @

1. So for example I'm looking for 'abc'
The following is found
sdfasdfabcsdfasdfsdf

3. Yes, you are of course right that there is a way to download binary only. But no
way to filter groups by number of articles inside each.

thanks

nikkil's reply to pgb205 #16477 @

Count me in on this one please.

claytonjrabens's reply to nikkil #16579 @

Count me too on this one. insurance claim lawyer