Forums / Support / SyncMySite and Javascript minimizing

SyncMySite and Javascript minimizing

As you may or may not know, SyncMySite can upload your files to the web automatically when you save them from any editor so you don't have to mess with an ftp program.

A planned feature that will hopefully be going in soon is a Javascript minimizer / uglifier that will reduce the file size (and speed up your web site) by removing comments and whitespace from the uploaded copy. The file on your computer remains unchanged.

The minimizer itself is working independently although I was wondering what kind of options it should have before it gets integrated into SyncMySite. At least one option will allow you to keep the first n comments while eliminating all others. The first comment sometimes contains copyright or other important info like meta data for WordPress plugins. If there are any other options that might be useful, let me know here or at support at binaryboy dot com.

nikkil's reply to BinaryBoy #16070 @

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think a lot of users will be able to appreciate this but this will be a huge boost overall in performance. Any estimated time frame when the Javascript minimizer will be out?

BinaryBoy's reply to nikkil #16072 @

I don't know exactly when but the hard part (parsing javascript and eliminating extra whitespace) is functional. I just need to find the time to add it to the settings and test it.