Forums / Support / Some Minor Dr. Binary Suggestions

Some Minor Dr. Binary Suggestions

I, too, would like to see a checkbox or something similar on Dr. Binary so that it always deletes the files, rather than asking every time, as mentioned in another thread.

I addition, I'd like to see the possibility to decode to the original folder that the parts came from. Let me explain a little -- I have Binary Boy set to download to different folders by source, so that alt.stuff.fred goes to D:\downloads\fred, whereas alt.stuff.jim goes to D:\downloads\jim, etc.

So far, so good. But when not all the parts are complete, the parts go to D:\downloads\parts\fred, etc., and when I run Dr. Binary and say 'send all parts to Dr. Binary', all the repaired parts go to D:\downloads, regardless of where they came from. Then I have to go through by hand and move each file to the folder it should go to by hand, which can be difficult if the uploader did a poor job of naming the files and there are hundreds of them.

What I would like is for Dr. Binary to send parts from .\.\jim to .\.\jim, & .\.\fred to .\.\fred, etc. when I use the 'send all parts' command. Then I can just run the .par2 utility to finish the repairs, since most of my downloads have these files included, and everything gets repaired correctly.

I've looked for an option to do this, but I can't find it, so I end up either sending all parts to Dr. Binary and then sorting out the files by hand, or repairing each file one by one, which can take a long time if there are many.

Am I missing an obvious way to do what I want? If not, is there any way to add an option to have Dr. Binary work this way?

PS -- thanks for making the download button bigger -- that has helped me a lot!

BinaryBoy's reply to Marcus-21 #15596 @

Thanks I've made of note of these things.

nikkil's reply to BinaryBoy #16167 @

I addition, I'd like to see the possibility to decode to the original folder that the parts came from. Let me explain a little -- I have Binary Boy set to download to different folders by source, so that alt.stuff.fred goes to D:\downloads\fred, whereas alt.stuff.jim goes to D:\downloads\jim, etc.

I'd like to see this too please.