Forums / Support / Failed to create file error

Failed to create file error

I'm getting a "Failed to create file" error in the log, and no parts created, when trying to download a set of files.

* I first got the error in version 1.97 build 41, and again when I upgraded to build 77
* Other files are downloading fine from the newsgroup
* It's on more than one file, but all have a structure that looks like "Re:Keeping Group Alive - [nnn/yyy] - some stuff/more stuff&even more stuff"
* Others say they are getting the files fine.

It may be a problem with the file names, but is there a way to override the name?

BinaryBoy's reply to sdavies2720 #15547 @

Do you still have the exact filename and error from the log? If so, send to support at binaryboy.com Binary Boy should always overwrite invalid filename characters with an underscore. So "blah:bla/blah" should become "blah_blah_blah". If it's stopped doing that for some reason, something is definitely wrong somewhere.

nikkil's reply to sdavies2720 #16366 @

I'm getting a "Failed to create file" error in the log, and no parts created, when trying to download a set of files.

* I first got the error in version 1.97 build 41, and again when I upgraded to build 77
* Other files are downloading fine from the newsgroup
* It's on more than one file, but all have a structure that looks like "Re:Keeping Group Alive - [nnn/yyy] - some stuff/more stuff&even more stuff"
* Others say they are getting the files fine.

It may be a problem with the file names, but is there a way to override the name?

Hi buddy, I'm just wondering. Were you able to get around this by any chance?

sdavies2720's reply to nikkil #16424 @

Yes, after a couple of back-and-forths with tech support, they released a new version that worked for me. It was some time ago, so I don't remember the specifics.

If you're hitting the same problem, I'd suggest either posting the problem on the forum, or send a tech support request -- they were very helpful.

Steve