Forums / Support / Shutdown after Queued Download

Shutdown after Queued Download

Hi. I would like to queue up a bunch of files to download using "Queue for Later", start the download, then shutdown the computer when it is complete. It looks like there is a shutdown option when BB is run in console mode but can't figure out the correct combination of switches. Is there a way to do what I am looking for using either the GUI or console mode?

Thank you - kg

BinaryBoy's reply to kg56 #15498 @

Normally those options are used in Auto mode so you'll need to use a little trick to prevent auto mode from adding to your queue.

Run from the start button like this: binboy.exe -close -exitwindows
Make sure Auto, Auto Next and Loop are unchecked
Queue the files you want to download
Jump to the last newsgroup
Set the search string to something unlikely to match like "jkaajkasd78686"
Enable the Auto option
Click the Go button on the toolbar to start downloading

kg56's reply to BinaryBoy #15503 @

Very cool - I just knew there had to be a way to do this. Many thanks for your help and for providing such a wonderful tool.

Regards - kg

Noel's reply to BinaryBoy #15529 @

Normally those options are used in Auto mode so you'll need to use a little trick to prevent auto mode from adding to your queue.

Run from the start button like this: binboy.exe -close -exitwindows
Make sure Auto, Auto Next and Loop are unchecked
Queue the files you want to download
Jump to the last newsgroup
Set the search string to something unlikely to match like "jkaajkasd78686"
Enable the Auto option
Click the Go button on the toolbar to start downloading

Well i read all the problem of the kg56 and i think you give the best answer of the problem which he is facing right now. I want to say you thank you sharing the infromation with us and hi hope in future you also updated us.

nikkil's reply to Noel #16476 @

Hey, this work around is actually still working great with the latest version. It's as good as a fix! Thanks.