Forums / Support / Send All Parts to Dr. Binary...

Send All Parts to Dr. Binary...

When using the Send All Parts to Dr. Binary feature, I cannot see any progress indicator. Depending on the volume of incomplete parts, this can take minutes or hours to complete. Right now, I'm relying on the Binary Boy app title bar to show "Not responding" to know when it's busy. Is there any other way??

BinaryBoy's reply to Sarge #15479 @

I'm able to reproduce the "Not responding" problem and will look into that. Most of the work is done in a separate thread so it shouldn't be freezing up like that. When that's fixed, I'll see what I can do about showing the progress.

Sarge's reply to BinaryBoy #15480 @

Thanks for the fast reply!

Sarge's reply to BinaryBoy #15481 @

By the way, compliments to the developer for allowing newsgroup server configuration changes on the fly. It's rare to find software that allows changing the number of server connections while downloading, and Binary Boy handles it gracefully.

BinaryBoy's reply to Sarge #15482 @

Thanks!

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #15483 @

Build 62 eliminates the freeze and displays a count of Dr. Binary files on the status bar. http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php

Sarge's reply to BinaryBoy #15489 @

I verified the fix in Build 62. The number of files remaining to be decoded counts down in the right side of the status bar, and the app no longer freezes. Thanks for the prompt fix.

BinaryBoy's reply to Sarge #15491 @

Great! Happy downloading!

gavind's reply to BinaryBoy #16588 @

Has anyone else tried the download this year?