Forums / Support / no downloads

no downloads

Hi Admin, yes its me again here to give you another headache, after the fun & games yesterday i managed to sort my problems out ( with your help ) today i'm having problems with downloading, i can now receive and veiw groups, when i select the item i want and highlight it, then click download nothing? even tried right click nothing, can you advise please? ps- followed tutorial

:confused:

BinaryBoy's reply to kencity62 #15413 @

Go to the File menu and click Open Attachments Folder. Are there any files there? If not, the filenames might be filtered for safety. The filename filter on the Search Strings tab in the Settings blocks file types like .exe and .scr. You could change that although I don't recommend it.

Go to the File menu and click Open Parts Folder. Any files there? If so, these are incomplete until you download the rest of the file.

kencity62's reply to BinaryBoy #15414 @

Hi Admin, tried to open attatchments folder several times, can open parts folder, whitch is empty, is there anything else i can try?

BinaryBoy's reply to kencity62 #15415 @

Make sure the "Filter" field is clear.

Right-click a file in the results list and click Force Download in the menu that pops up. Does that allow you to download anything?

kencity62's reply to BinaryBoy #15416 @

Hi Admin, tried right click to force download a few times, does nothing, is there another way?

kencity62's reply to BinaryBoy #15417 @

sorry Admin, tried it again this time i cleared the filter field, this time it says in the log, " rejected already exists in the parts folder" but i cannot open this folder from the file menu tab, is there another way?

BinaryBoy's reply to kencity62 #15418 @

Open your Documents folder. The Attachments and Parts folders are created there.

Since the parts are still there, it means the file is incomplete. Normally Binary Boy assembles the parts into the Attachments folder then deletes the parts. When you select files from the search results, look for ones that have a full green disk to the left--they're the complete files. The broken red disks are incomplete files.

You can email a log if you want me to take a closer look. To create a log, click the Windows Start button and type: binboy.exe -log
Then try to download a file. Binary Boy will write its progress to Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt You can email that file to support at binaryboy.com

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #15419 @

By the way, some files can become playable by using the Dr. Binary feature under the File menu. This works mainly with mpg video files. It's best to download the complete set though.

kencity62's reply to BinaryBoy #15420 @

ok thanks, ill send log in email