Forums / Support / Search Doesn't Find Anything

Search Doesn't Find Anything

Not sure what I've changed but now when I search for the most obvious search string nothing is found. Even when I do null string or *

There is nothing in filter. Starting point is set to 'ALL'
Header Filters are set to only 'not download' if file is smaller than or incomplete.
There is nothing in Global Filter and Filename Filter only has exe scr and pif

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #15372 @

Make sure it's connecting. On the Log tab do you see a greeting from the server?

pgb205's reply to BinaryBoy #15373 @

I can now definitely state that BB is connecting. I've deleted all the cached header files and run the search. .txt files were re-downloaded and have entries.
So I think something is wrong with how the search works. Would any of the log files help to diagnose this?

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #15374 @

Yes if you enable the main log it might show what's happening (select on Log tab or run with -log on the command-line). If that doesn't show anything unusual, the "Log search/filter result for every subject" option on the Log tab will give specific information about each subject but this gets very cluttered so try just the regular log first. If you'd like, you can send Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt to me and I'll check it out. support at binaryboy dot com

pgb205's reply to BinaryBoy #15375 @

I've enabled both main and the search logs. This is all I see afterwards,

##-------------------------------------------------
## Binary Boy Log File
##
## Created: Oct 15, 2010 21:35:02:
##
21:35:02: Command-line:
21:35:02: Checking for duplicate uninstall keys
21:35:02: Checking for old Wise style uninstall key
00:33:54: Command-line:
00:33:54: Checking for duplicate uninstall keys
00:33:54: Checking for old Wise style uninstall key
00:34:15: Command-line:
00:34:15: Checking for duplicate uninstall keys
00:34:15: Checking for old Wise style uninstall key

I've also tried reinstalling BB in a new location to maybe generate new registry entries etc
but that didn't help./

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #15376 @

That log is from the Program Files\Binary Boy folder. Please send the log file from Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt

Also please email to support at binaryboy dot com so none of your info is posted publicly.

pgb205's reply to BinaryBoy #15377 @

Mystery Solved:
Download extended headers was OFF
Don't download articles smaller than X Kb was ON
I suppose BB get the size information from extended headers.

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #15378 @

Great.

Yeah, that's where the size is from.

gavind's reply to BinaryBoy #16698 @

Nice to see this. If there's a way that we can set it that way as default, that would be perfect.