Forums / Support / Help with upgrade

Help with upgrade

Hi

It's been a long time since I upgraded but I finally did today. I did a complete format and install of all my stuff and I installed BB from my old CD. Once I did the upgrade it asked for a key or order number.

How would I find out what these numbers are? My cd doesn't have a key and my order # is long lost somewhere in my old emails.

Any help? TIA

BinaryBoy's reply to Hotwired #15315 @

You can retrieve your order id from http://binaryboy.com/regfind.php I've already entered your email address and your info has been sent. If you don't get the email or if there are any problems, please let me know.

Happy downloading!

Hotwired's reply to BinaryBoy #15316 @

Got the email BB.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Hotwired's reply to Hotwired #15317 @

Looks like another problem has popped up.

It seems like either WXP or BB is automatically unpacking my RAR and .001 files as soon as they are completed. This never happened before I upgraded to XP and got the latest BB update.

This is causing me major headaches because sometimes files are damaged and need to be repaired with Quickpar before they can be unpacked. I have looked everywhere for an "automatic" unpacking button but I can't find anything in XP or BB to tell me what's up.

Any help? TIA

BinaryBoy's reply to Hotwired #15318 @

On the Files tab in the Settings, uncheck "Extract files from RAR archives." It's the last option at the bottom of the window.

Hotwired's reply to BinaryBoy #15319 @

Got that one, thx BB.

But it still unpacks the split files. I found the button that says "preserve split files after decode". At least now my files wont disappear after unpacking.

BinaryBoy's reply to Hotwired #15320 @

Yeah, the split files have been auto joined for a very long time. I consider that a low level operation that should always happen like decoding yEnc or UUE articles automatically, but if more people have an issue with it, I'll consider making it optional.