Forums / Support / Nothing downloads properly

Nothing downloads properly

Hi,

Its my first post so bit of a newbie here ;) I am however quite proficient with Torrents but not with news groups.

I am signed and paid up with Giganews and use Newsbin to find the things I want. I am using Binaryboy (obviously) to download the things I want.

I am after TV boxsets but am having problems unpacking the files once downloaded, I am running about 90% failure rate and have tried a lot of different sets.

I have read on here and have also tried Binseach but get the same problem, either I get a missing file (ie FGS7D2.part16) or a corrupt file so the dvd wont unpack.

Help would be great before I give up altogether and go back to torrent which is not great for TV boxsets.

Thanks for the help in advance

Rob

BinaryBoy's reply to hobbesy #15249 @

Sometimes people will upload par files along with the original file that can be used to replace missing sections. If you have the par files, try using QuickPar or another par app to get a complete file. http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

hobbesy's reply to BinaryBoy #15250 @

Brilliant,

I wish I'd known that weeks ago, it has worked on one file so I'll know what to do when the problem arises again.

Is this a common problem with Newsgroups, are they often corrupt or missing files?

BinaryBoy's reply to hobbesy #15251 @

It's common for there to be missing parts on the largest files but most files that are uploaded are generally not damaged, at least in my experience. Even a 99% completion rate can be annoying when you download a lot.

hobbesy's reply to BinaryBoy #15252 @

annoying is very true, don't mind a share ratio or paying like Newsgroups but not when I get so many failures. I only use this for TV boxsets as I can't find any place on torrents that I can actually join and get them.

Will keep you posted, many thanks