Forums / Support / Binary Boy has stopped working

Binary Boy has stopped working

Two days ago my binaty boy stopped working. I am using Vista and when I run BB I get (Binary Boy has stopped working), (close now). I have added no new programs for months.

Thanks

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #11282 @

Usually an error like this is caused by a corrupted history file. If that's the case, you'll need to rename or delete it. To find the history file, run regedit.exe from the Start button and go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hochsw\BinaryBoy\1.00\HistoryFolderT

That value will show you where the history file is. Make sure Binary Boy is closed and then either rename or delete binboy.hst

If you want to be sure it's the history file causing the problem before you do anything, run Binary Boy from the Start button like this: binboy.exe -log -dlog

Then when it crashes look at Documents\Binary Boy\log.txt
If the last line refers to the history file, then that's likely the problem. If not, you can send me the log.txt or the last few lines and I'll try to figure out what's happening.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11286 @

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work. I am using Windows Vista and to find run is a hard find. Found it and first renamed then removed it. BB still doesn't work. Tried to run BB from thumb drive, still didn't work. Can not find where to remove BB so I can reinstall. What can I do next?

Buster

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #11287 @

In Vista, you don't need the Run command.

Click the Start button (round button at the left end of the taskbar)
Type "binboy.exe -log -dlog" without the quotes where it says "Start Search"
Press Enter.

After Binary Boy crashes, click the Start button again
Click Documents
Double click the Binary Boy folder
Double click the Logs folder
Double click the log file.

The last few lines should show what the problem was. Please let me know what it says.

I really recommend against uninstalling because you will likely lose a lot of settings and you probably only have to rename a file or something. But if you want to:

Click Start
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a Program
Click "Binary Boy" in the list
Click "Uninstall" at the top of the list
Follow the prompts.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11367 @

I have removed all the Binary Boy I can find from my computer. And tried to run it from my thumb drive, using the older 1.96 BB. It still will not run. What can I do now?

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #11368 @

You need a log.

Click the Windows Start button
Type "binboy.exe -log -dlog" without the quotes where it says "Start Search"
Press Enter.

If it fails to start or crashes, you can find the log.txt here:

Click the Windows Start button
Click Documents
Double click the Binary Boy folder
Double click the Logs folder
Double click the log file.

You can send log.txt or at least the last few lines to support at binaryboy dot com and I'll try to figure out what's happening.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11369 @

I did this before. Vista goes out to Google Desktop to search my hard-drive. And comes back as nothing with the name of binary boy listed. I also tried just binary, binaryboy.exe and other names.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11370 @

I also tried binboy.exe. It finds nothing, and I find nother in the uninstall in the control panel.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11371 @

I just installing your trial program. And tried to run it. It did the same thing.

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #11372 @

Try going to the Program Files folder directly like this:

Click the Start button
Type "C:\Program Files" and press Enter

Look for the Binary Boy folder and double click it. Do you see a file named binboy?

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11374 @

I opened a file C:\Program File\Binary Boy. Found several files. The largest is masterlist a text file. The second largest is binboy from 2005. It is 13k in size. And there are several small files. These files did not show when I did a file search. What do I do next?

Buster

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11375 @

Opened c:\Program Files found Binary Boy file, opened it and found several files. The largest is master list, the second is binboy from 2005 and is 13k in size. What do I do next?

Thanks

Buster

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #11376 @

Try installing again from this page: http://binaryboy.com/patch.php

It's the Pro Beta link at the top of the page.

After you install, look for the binboy file again. It should be about 2MB. Double-click it and see if it runs.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11424 @

I downloaded it and installed it. Told it use the free trial. It installed and whin I ran it, it did the same thing. The windows program stopped runnig Binary boy. It looks like it never started to run.

Buster

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #11425 @

Told it use the free trial. It installed and whin I ran it, it did the same thing.

You mean a window came up asking you to either enter your key or click another button to continue your trial? If it exits after you click the trial button, it means a previous install has expired. Have you ordered Binary Boy in the past? If so, send me an email and I'll look up your info. support at binaryboy dot com

If that's not what's happening, go back to creating a log. Click the Start button and enter binboy.exe -dlog -log as described previously.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #11495 @

What is the cost and where do I purchase it?

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #11516 @

P.S. You should create a log to be sure you know what's going wrong because if it's not expired and is actually crashing, the full unlocked version isn't likely to work either. You can create a log from the Start button like this: binboy.exe -log -dlog

The log.txt file will be in Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt

You can send that file to me if you like. The last line of the log file will usually show why the program crashed.