Forums / Support / High speed and connection problems?

High speed and connection problems?

I never had a problem with BB before I upgraded to a 20MB connection and am getting 20 connections. Now BB misses the compilation of the messages and leaves random ones incomplete in the parts directory. I'm usually alright if I just send all parts to DR. Binary, however it gets rather annoying when I get home and have to sit around for 1/2 hour compiling the days downloads.

Any fix for this? I was thinking of throtteling the speed to test that out, but I dont see why there is a need, maybe there should be an additional check to verify a file has been compiled before moving to the next download?

BinaryBoy's reply to nezoic #11020 @

What version are you running? A bug similar to this was fixed a while ago. You can get the latest at http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php

Are you scanning the files for viruses as you download? If a virus scanner has one of the BBT files open, Binary Boy will fail to open it and assume the set isn't complete yet.

Can you create a log please? The decoding log might show why it's not detecting completion. To create a log, run Binary Boy from the Start window like this: binboy.exe -log -declog

Binary Boy will write its progress to Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt You can send that file to support at binaryboy dot com.

nezoic's reply to BinaryBoy #11063 @

I have the latest beta version, I'll log some downloads tonight.