Forums / General / Few suggestions - nothing major.

Few suggestions - nothing major.

Been using Binary Boy for about a year now. So far, it's done what I wanted with only a few issues - not bad for the money paid. :)

Have a few suggestions I think might make it slightly better.

1. Backward compatible group list. I am currently using Pro Version 1.96 build 557. I have tried upgrading a few times and there has always been something I haven't liked. When I try to go back to build 557, I am told my list is from a newer version and continuing, it gets wiped out. Rebuilding the group list is just annoying.

2. Font selection. One of my issues with the newer versions is the font change. Everything seems scrunched together and harder to read.

3. Option to remove background color matcher on picture viewer. Every version I have tried that uses this crashes. I don't think it adds that much and ( at least for me ) it has been unstable.

BinaryBoy's reply to orion #10140 @

Been using Binary Boy for about a year now. So far, it's done what I wanted with only a few issues - not bad for the money paid. :)

Great!

1. Backward compatible group list. I am currently using Pro Version 1.96 build 557. I have tried upgrading a few times and there has always been something I haven't liked. When I try to go back to build 557, I am told my list is from a newer version and continuing, it gets wiped out. Rebuilding the group list is just annoying.

The problem seems to be that BB attempts to save the list even after failing to load it so it writes an empty list over the old one. A fix is planned that will at least fail gracefully without destroying the list. To go back you will still need to create backups of your list files from Documents\Binary Boy\Group Lists though.

2. Font selection. One of my issues with the newer versions is the font change. Everything seems scrunched together and harder to read.

Sorry, there are no plans to change the font in the near future.

3. Option to remove background color matcher on picture viewer. Every version I have tried that uses this crashes. I don't think it adds that much and ( at least for me ) it has been unstable.

I'll look into this, but If I remember correctly, this is an automatic feature of Windows bitmaps and BB doesn't actively do anything with the background color.

orion's reply to BinaryBoy #10146 @

Thanks for reply. I'm very impressed it was within 24 hours. :D

Mostly just posted to let you know I was overall very happy with your product. I understand not all suggestions can make it into Binary Boy. Keep up the good work.

BinaryBoy's reply to orion #10147 @

I normally try to be faster than that but I had a lot of stuff going on yesterday.

Glad you like Binary Boy. Happy downloading!

nikkil's reply to BinaryBoy #16475 @

It would really be nice to have this being considered. I would understand though if there are other things on top of the queue.

BinaryBoy's reply to nikkil #16483 @

The GUI tab let's you change the font. For some reason some people don't see the option though. It might be clipped off the end of the window on small monitors.