Forums / Support / I need help w/Binary Boy under Linux/Wine

I need help w/Binary Boy under Linux/Wine

I was able to install Binary Boy with no problems under Linux 4.0 and Wine but getting it to run correctly is a problem. The program downloads headers just fine but then freezes - the mouse becomes inoperable and the only thing available to do is close Binary Boy.

If anyone is doing this successfully will you PLEASE contact me and tell me how you did it? I really like Binary Boy and don't want to stop using it.

TIA

BinaryBoy's reply to Lou G #9619 @

If you send a log, I'd be happy to look for any potential problems at the point it crashes. To create a log, run Binary Boy with the following switches: -log -ilog -dlog

After it freezes, the last few lines of log.txt might show what went wrong. To find log.txt, run Binary Boy again without switches and go to File | View Log. You can send the log to me if you like. support at binaryboy dot com

Lou G's reply to BinaryBoy #9620 @

Thanks for responding so promptly, BB. I sent a copy of errorlog.txt by separate email from the Linux partition of my machine. If it will help, here's the scenario:

start BB under Wine, no errors

download the last xxx headers from alt.binaries.multimedia

tried to stop the download so I could do a "load from nzb"

all icons, including stop, were inoperable

waited until headers were done. The tabs for queue, progress, etc. did not appear

tried to select something to download but the entire window except for the X (for exit) was not responsive to the mouse

hope this helps - keep me posted, please

Best,
Lou

BinaryBoy's reply to Lou G #9621 @

Based on errorlog.txt, it looks like it might be going into a loop. log.txt is what will help most.

By the way, I don't run Linux so hopefully whatever is wrong shows up in the log.

Lou G's reply to BinaryBoy #9622 @

I'll try to run it tomorrow with the -log switch, but I am a true noob in Linux.

Where will I find the log you need to see and what will it be called?

Thanks

BinaryBoy's reply to Lou G #9623 @

It will be in the same folder where you found errorlog.txt and it will be named log.txt. If you have a recent version, the folder will be Documents\Binary Boy\Logs. You can also access it from within Binary Boy under the File menu with the View Log command.