Forums / Support / Schedule Editor Runs But No Files!

Schedule Editor Runs But No Files!

This is the second time I run the "Schedule Editor" and although my log shows over 1GB of data downloaded, no files show up in my "Attachment" directory. Every time I set the queue manually, I have no problems. I don't understand how the downloads could run but not actually download anything to my PC. I have a download log with my ISP and it shows the same amount of data downloaded.

BinaryBoy's reply to kamevil #9493 @

Go to File | Open Parts Folder. Do you see any of your files there waiting to be decoded? If so, there were errors of some sort or the files were incomplete. You could try decoding them with Dr. Binary from the File menu.

During the scheduled download, did you manually add any files to the queue? Prior to yesterday's build, this could prevent files from being decoded. The latest is at http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php As above, you could try Dr. Binary.

Look at the Filename Filter on the Search Strings tab and the Header Filter string on the Header Filter tab in the Settings. Are either of these set to something common like .jpg or .mpg that could cause your files to be deleted? Check the Filter field in the Scheduler as well. You can email me these filter rules if you like. support at binaryboy dot com.

If all else fails, you could create a log. To create a log, run Binary Boy from the Start button like this: binboy.exe -log -declog

That will record Binary Boy's progress and decoding activity to Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt You can send that file to me if you like.

If there's a specific file extension or set of files that's not working, you could email me the newsgroup name and something to search for and I can try to reproduce the problem if you like.

kamevil's reply to BinaryBoy #9494 @

No files in the "Parts" folder or anywhere else on the drive. They were .rar files (r01, r02, etc..). I searched the entire hard disk, no joy.

No files manually added during the download.

I typically only use the "Search Text" and never filter anything out. I'm sure I probably should.

Here is something curious: the rar files I scheduled for download, loaded to the "Queue" when I selected them; that shouldn't happen if they have already been downloaded. I should have to "force download." So the software obviously didn't record these files being downloaded.

I just don't understand why my logs show that the data was downloaded.

Anyway, I'll attempt the download again tonight and see what pops up in the log.