Forums / Support / Anyone Running Vista?

Anyone Running Vista?

If you've run Binary Boy on Vista, please let me know whether you had any problems or if it ran fine. Thanks.

howard251's reply to BinaryBoy #2134 @

I just ordered parts for a new system from newegg and crucial. I'll be building next week and running vista ultimate 64. I hope no news is good news as far as your vista compatability goes, binboy and directory opus are the 2 softwares I would take with me on a desert island, and opus is useable and almost fully functioning according to the forums over on their site.
If Binary boy is nerfed under the new os, I'll just have to set up xp in window under virtual pc 2007 and run it. I will not be without it.

BinaryBoy's reply to howard251 #2138 @

Here's what's been reported so far:

Binary Boy runs on 32-bit Vista, although it might be unable to save log files to the Program Files directory. That can be fixed by changing the path stored in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hochsw\BinaryBoy\LogFolder

Also... Delete4Sure doesn't work on 64-bit Vista. No info on 32-bit Vista.

Good luck with your new system!

howard251's reply to BinaryBoy #2184 @

Well, yes and no. I got the new sys built and vista 64 installed thursday, binary boy installed fine, rather that play with the logging folder I just disabled all the check boxes on the logging tab.
BBoy connects to my news server, downloads stuff, shows pictures all as it should but for some reason goes not responding every so often, usually when 'merging cache' or searching.
For now I'm running it in the virtual XP system, mainly because a lot of support apps i like are not available for vista or i havent tested them yet, things like smartpar, bsplayer, gspot, cyber scrub, etc.
If you get your delete for sure working before cyber scrub gets theirs going I'll probably reg a copy of it - for now I'm using eraser from sourceforge but i don't like the interface.
That is, assuming you DO plan to go vista compatable sometime in the near future. I hope you do.

BinaryBoy's reply to howard251 #2185 @

It stops responding because it's busy. It hasn't crashed. That won't be a problem for long though. Binary Boy's third major revision to the cache system is well underway. It should cut the merging and searching time dramatically.

Delete4Sure won't be updated for 64-bit Vista in the near future because I don't have Vista yet and I don't yet have the necessary technical info either.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #2256 @

The laptop I use for most programming work is having problems and also needs a new battery so instead of spending any more money on it I've ordered a new one. It has Vista installed so I'll give BB a thorough inspection for incompatibilities within a few days. A full 64-bit version will take a while longer.