Forums / Support / My BBoy doesn't launch anymore !!!

My BBoy doesn't launch anymore !!!

Hi,
I'm in the middle of my free trial period off BB (i plan to buy as it sounds good, i mean as it did sound good). BB was stuck today because of a full disk. So i exit, made some room on the disk, and launched again BB but ... nothing happened. I've tried to desinstall / reinstall but not better. There is no error file under "Program Files...". What the hell is happening ?
I'm under XP Pro. BB is the trial version 1.96.0.139
Does anyone have an idea of the possible problem ?
Thanks in advance

Philippez

PS : when i try to launch BB, the task manager shows BinBoy.exe in the process list for a few tenth of second, so i understand that BB actually launches but exit right away, unfortunately without complaining.

BinaryBoy's reply to philippez #1888 @

It could be a corrupted history file. To track down the problem, run Binary Boy from the Start | Run window like this: binboy.exe -dlog -log

That will write Binary Boy's progress to C:\program files\binary boy\log.txt You can send log.txt to me if you like (support at binaryboy dot com).

If the history file is the problem, renaming or deleting two files in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\Binary Boy should solve the problem. Rename binboy.hst to binboy_.hst and binboy.mdx to binboy_.mdx Binary Boy will create new files automatically.

philippez's reply to BinaryBoy #1889 @

That's what i call a quick / efficient debug. You were so right. The log.txt ended on a history issue "20:58:32 OnCreate: InitHistoryList()", so i've renamed the two files and everything works fine now.
So thank you so much, and my purchase won't be delayed.

Philippez