Forums / General / BB is working great!

BB is working great!

Just wanted to post a positive mention on how well BB has been working since the last update months ago.

A side comment would be: Wow, the spambots are hitting the forums hard, no? That stinks. Anything you can do?

Finally, a question and request: What can we expect to see out of BB in the near future? I would like to request a finer control on "Incoming byte counts" The number changes, but I don't know where the mark is. I would like for it to be monthly, or time based user settable. Is this possible?

Again, thanks for the fine application.

BinaryBoy's reply to The Dead Senator #7546 @

Thanks.

Yeah, the spam is overwhelming and you're only seeing a small percentage of it. The new threads are moderated. Replies are getting through though. A setting must be messed up somewhere.

I won't be changing the byte count feature in the immediate future but that can be conisdered for the future. The byte counts don't reset until you reset them manually. If you don't want to reset all at once, you can change individual counts by editing the bytes.txt file in Documents\Binary Boy\log.txt

In the upcoming build, the Progress tab has been removed and progress percentages are displayed in the Queue instead. (This has caused a lot of complications internally but it's starting to work now.) The simultaneous download limit has been raised to 32 (which made it impractical to use the Progress tab). The installer can now associate BB with NZB files and there is also a button to do the association in the settings. Various bugs have been fixed as well. I'm also considering some new toolbar icons.

gavind's reply to BinaryBoy #16552 @

Hi The Dead Senator, I'm just wondering if you're still using binaryboy today.