Forums / Support / options New, All, Latest etc.

options New, All, Latest etc.

I have used the option Latest with the number 30000 (downloading from newsgroup alt.binaries.boneless). Binary Boy retrieved 32 files (the files i was looking for where not in the result). After that i Stopped the search and started it again but now with the radio-button on All. Binary Boy keeps on returning the earlier 32 files form the first search. Using the Refresh button gives the same result. I expect that using All wuld retrieve All files from the newsgroup. Does Binary Boy keeps somewhere a stamp whch have to be removed first? What am i doing wrong?

BinaryBoy's reply to doemaareenzet #1733 @

Do you use the cox news server? They reset the article numbers on their server recently, which requires the cache to be deleted from the File | Master Reset window in Binary Boy to get things in synch again.

Are you using Binary Boy 1.96 or 2.0? 2.0 does not do a full refresh at the moment. I'm working on that for the next build.

If you'd like to send a log, you can send it to support at binaryboy dot com. To create a log, run Binary Boy from the Start | Run window like this: binboy.exe -log -ilog Then try a refresh/search. Binary Boy will write its progress to c:\program files\binary boy\log.txt You can send that file to me if you like.