Forums / Support / Binary Boy is not joining parts correctly

Binary Boy is not joining parts correctly

At first I thought it was a bad download but it's started happening more often.

It adds the files to the queue and begins to download them, the files are complete, no missing parts, anyway it downloads them and I see that they are the correct size and the logs all look good but the files are never written to disk once all the parts are collected.

Instead of writing the file to the disk by joining the parts and then deleting the parts, it just deletes the parts and the file is never written. It does this no matter how many times I try to download the file and it does not add that file to the history log.

If I tell BB not to delete the parts after assembly, and I manually invoke the binary boy part joiner then it creates the files properly but I have to do it by hand which takes forever.

I am guessing that there were some changes to the uuencoding or something and that the BB software hasn't incorporated them.

Please look into this it is driving me crazy.

1.96 548 is the load and it did it with the last three loads too.

BinaryBoy's reply to kodack10 #1648 @

On the Search Strings tab in the Settings, do you have anything in the Filename Filter that would match the filename? That filter is applied both to the subject and to the final filename and could cause what you're seeing.

Does Binary Boy leave behind a set of files in the attachments folder with 3-digit extensions like .001, .002, .003?

If you'd like me to try to reproduce the problem here, you can send me a newsgroup name and some text to search for. You can email to support at binaryboy dot com or send a private message here.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #1649 @

Thanks for the info in the PM. The problem is Unison/1.7.2b2 is labeling yEnc encoded files as MIME plain text. Binary Boy sees it as text and discards it. The latest Binary Boy beta will detect the problem and decode the files.