Forums / Support / cross-posting in .NZBs

cross-posting in .NZBs

Sometimes when a file has been cross-posted to multiple binaries groups, an .nzb file will be unable to download because the newsserver reports the group doesn't exist. I finally got irked enough to look into this :) and I find that even though the <groups> section has multiple <group> entries, BinaryBoy seems to use the first only. If that first group does not exist on my newsserver (even though another listed group does) then then I can't use the .nzb.

As you load the nzb, if there are multiple groups listed could you validate the group you pick against the master group list? That would seem to solve the problem.

By the way, I realized as I investigated this problem that I could go in and manually edit the .nzb file (it being in xml format). So I will do that for now, but this seems like BinaryBoy could handle it automatically pretty easily.

Thanks in advance!

BinaryBoy's reply to alamo #1365 @

Ok. This is likely to be in the next build. A more permanent fix is planned for a future version.

TedB's reply to BinaryBoy #1750 @

I second that, I was about to do a new post when I thought, let me do a search first...:o

Annoying, but Textpad has a nice facility to replace all instances, just clunky to have to load it and edit and save it...

Let us know when it's in there!!!

Thanks!:)

BinaryBoy's reply to TedB #1751 @

Selecting a valid group based on the masterlist has been in since I posted the previous response.

TedB's reply to BinaryBoy #1752 @

oops, my bad (as my daughter would say) must be cause I haven't updated in so long....:o