Forums / Support / missing MP3's

missing MP3's

I'm downloading a whole bunch of MP3's right now but for some reason I'm not getting them. I see all of the parts download into my parts folder but when they decode they disappear after that. They never make it into the folder they are supposed to go to. Any Ideas?

BinaryBoy's reply to nednul #45 @

Originally posted by nednul
I'm downloading a whole bunch of MP3's right now but for some reason I'm not getting them. I see all of the parts download into my parts folder but when they decode they disappear after that. They never make it into the folder they are supposed to go to. Any Ideas?

If they are encoded in yEnc format, you'll need to upgrade to v1.91 from http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php

Another common problem is long filenames. Look in errorlog.txt in the Binary Boy program folder. Are you getting a lot of error #82s? This means "The directory or file cannot be created" Windows has a limit on the amount of directory space filenames can use. Longer filenames use up this space faster so you're likely to see this problem after downloading lots of mp3s or movies, which tend to have very long names.

You can work around this by having Binary Boy store files in subfolders. Move some files from your Parts and Attachments folders. Then open your list in the group list editor and check "Create subfolders for newsgroups". Do the same for the Parts folder by going to the Files tab in the Settings and checking "Use separate parts subfolder for each newsgroup."

If this doesn't solve the problem, you could send me a log at <A href="mailto:support@binaryboy.com">support@binaryboy.com</A>. To create a log, run Binary Boy from the Windows Start | Run window by typing <b>binboy.exe -log -declog</b> and then try to download a file. This will write Binary Boy's progress to log.txt in the Binary Boy program folder. <A href="mailto:support@binaryboy.com">Send me</A> the file and I'll try to figure out what's happening.