Forums / Support / Newer Builds of BB hang computer

Newer Builds of BB hang computer

any build after 1.97.60 seems to have behavior i can't explain. Doesn't seem to be related to any specific group or number of groups in the list etc.

The entire computer after a while become near completely unresponsive. Mouse is working but GUI is not. I can bring up task manager with some effort, but can't do anything there either. Binary boy does not seem to be utilizing large amount of cpu or memory. The only solution is to bounce the box which is 3 core and 4 gb of ram.

I'm wondering if i need to enable loging to troubleshoot this further or what else might need to be checked.

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #15767 @

What's Binary Boy doing when it slows down? Is it downloading/searching headers, downloading files or is it sitting idle?

Logging might actually contribute to the problem, but if you want to try it, make sure only the regular log -log and the decoding log -declog are enabled. Then if the problem happens again and you have to shutdown, look at the last lines of Documents\Binary Boy\log.txt to see what Binary Boy was doing right before it was terminated.

In task manager did you see what the CPU percentage was for Binary Boy and is it possible a different process is eating the CPU time?

pgb205's reply to BinaryBoy #15769 @

Once i disabled the KAV 2010 antivirus everything is back to normal.
However, I've tried adding cache files folder and bboy.exe process to trusted locations
so that they aren't scanned. But once KAV is enabled the problem reoccurs. I think this might
have to do with another thing I've noticed. Once in a while a window pops up that cache files are being recycled from the Recycle Bin. My settings say to keep them for a long time so they shouldnt be touched at all much less recycled. I've made sure that under Privacy tab all settings are set to Delete(0 passes)

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #15770 @

Yeah, that recycling thing probably shouldn't be happening. I'll look into that.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #15773 @

Does the recycle window pop up only when Binary Boy is shutting down or does it happen while Binary Boy is still open? The only time it should recycle cache files is when you close the program.

aysugnacar's reply to BinaryBoy #15876 @

I recycle cache only when needed i.e. on demand. The antiviruses have some 'trust' issues with the Binary Boy 'exe' but I think that it will go away in the further releases.

nikkil's reply to BinaryBoy #15902 @

Kaspersky has been known to have this issue. Try to close and it this should work fine for you.