Forums / Support / Does BinaryBoy create a console window for launched applications?

Does BinaryBoy create a console window for launched applications?

I have written a console application that receives all of its input needs from the commandline of BinaryBoys Launcher, and generates no output to a console window. My app works as designed with one minor issue. A flashing console window everytime my app executes. The window has no function as part of its use. Is this console window being provided by BB? The window is rather annoying as it appears and then vanishes repeatedly within a few milliseconds.

ALH

BinaryBoy's reply to ahartley #15600 @

When Binary Boy launches an app, it passes a flag (SW_SHOW) that displays rather than hides the app's window. That might be what you're seeing. I could try changing that to SW_HIDE later today and if that fixes the problem, I'll add it as an option on the Launcher.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #15601 @

The new version launches the app hidden by default. http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php If you try it, please let me know if it works.

ahartley's reply to BinaryBoy #15602 @

Excellent! That did the trick. Everything seems to run so much smoother as well. Thank you.

ALH

BinaryBoy's reply to ahartley #15603 @

Great!

Noel's reply to BinaryBoy #15609 @

I must appreciate the way query has been handled and answered.I guess its a showcase of an entity's commitment towards its customers and maintenance of high standards.Good job.

nikkil's reply to Noel #16168 @

This is actually common for some programs. They're too minor so ignoring them would also be an option.