Forums / Support / Hidden assembly feature? Save BB settings?

Hidden assembly feature? Save BB settings?

Hello.

I install almost every Build. Now I am at Build 20.

1. I can't pinpoint which version changed something, but since some builds (I think somewhere around Build 17) I find *.001 *.002 ... files in my trashbin. Those files came from my attachments folder (not the parts-folder).
I did not enable the deletion of attachments (not even after some days).
I know that BB can extract attached *.rar-files and I disabled this feature in settings/Files.
But it looks like BB does automatically assemble attached split Files (001 002 003 004...).
I searched the new features on your website with the new builds, but I can't find this feature and I can't find a way to disable this automatic assembling of attachment-files.
Is there such a feature and where can I disable it?

2. By the way:
It looks like I had the history-file-problem since the builds 17 & 18 & 19 crashed right after installation. So I had to delete BB everytime from the PC and installed it new.
Everytime I hat to configure BB again. So I ask again for a feature to save the BB-settings (and perhaps the Queue) in an extra file, so I do not have to configre BB again, when it crashes and I have to reinstall it.
Manually extracting this settings from the windowsregistry is not the way i would like to chose for this feature.
(I asked this here in the forum in june 'save and load BB Settings' but since the last crashes I missed such an easy Save-Settings very much.)

Thanks!

BinaryBoy's reply to Shinji #15367 @

I'll see what I can do.

Binary Boy has auto joined split files for many years. Maybe you had the privacy settings set to recycle instead of delete?